Checklist for Reopening Your Restaurant
The Covid-19 Pandemic is here to stay, it’s time we learned how to get on with our lives simultaneously with the pandemic, following strict health protocols.
The world is slowly getting back on its pace but with a lot of exceptions and changes. The authorities in charge have also been easing lockdown restrictions and allowing businesses like restaurants, hotels, tourism to reopen to boost the economy.
This news might raise concerns as COVID-19 is very contagious in public places, especially in enclosed areas. However, as long as the operators, employees and customers follow strict health guidelines like frequent sanitisation, wearing a mask practising social distancing, getting back to our normal life wouldn’t take long.
The hotel businesses are one of the worst-hit sectors of business and have suffered huge losses due to the pandemic. But a lot of restaurants and hotel chains are seeking innovative solutions to contain the spread and get back to building businesses rather than persisting on the problem.
We thought we could also be a part of the solution and fasten the process of ending the pandemic.
Here is a checklist for reopening your restaurant business.
- Recreating your hotel/ restaurant spaces: Times have changed, and the current situation demands more spacious and well-ventilated spaces, preferably open spaces. Redesign your existing restaurant spaces to accommodate social distancing and minimal human contact. Consider having interior design elements that are easier to sanitise and have less intricate patterns. Avoid overcrowding in terms of furniture or even other kinds of elements. If you have open spaces at your venue, try shifting to these spaces where there is good air circulation. A few pointers to be kept in mind when redesigning:
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance from other diners or seating arrangements, allow partitions between tables. If you have concerned furniture related associates, contact them to work on designs that work best for social distancing and reducing human contact.
- Use disposable or digital menus instead of the normal menus.
- Provide hands-free trash cans, soap and towel dispensers, and doors
- Frequent sanitisation of tables and seating after each guest leaves including other shared items.
- Do not pre-place any form of crockery and dishes on the table.
- Prioritise outdoor seating as much as possible. Install outdoor heaters to encourage customers to use the outdoor space through winter.
- Use the reservation system to prevent people from gathering and crowding a venue, thereby slowing down human contact.
- Encourage customers to pre-order ahead of their actual arrival to decrease the time they spend at a restaurant.
- Ensure that ventilation systems operate properly and increase the circulation of outdoor air as much as possible by opening windows and doors, using fans, other methods
- Considering redesigning your menu: High-end restaurants that serve luxury-based menus and other commodities are the worst hit by the pandemic. With less activity at restaurants and hotels and with even fewer customers drop-in’s, we recommend revamping your menu with reasonable pricing and serving portions. One must consider working out a way to make food and other commodities more accessible and affordable for the people during this very critical time.
- Structuring the Reception: Your customers and your safety are the most important. Consider reducing the risk of contact between the customer and the cashier by installing a protective screen at cash registers. This way, there is always a barrier between your staff and your customers or clients.
- Allow Limited Entry: To start with, try testing the footfalls at the restaurant by opening the restaurant only to a limited capacity of customers as far away from each other as possible. Also, make sure there is as much space as possible. Keep customers from congregating in waiting areas by adopting a reservations-only business model.
- Hire Specialists to Ensure On-Premises Sanitisation: Take every initiative you can to disinfect and sanitise your restaurant. However, if you feel like you require additional help or your premises are too big for your team to handle, you can hire specialists to help. By sanitising appropriately, your staff can reduce the spread of pathogens from restaurant equipment to the food you serve diners.
- Implement strict Sanitisation schedules: Adjust your standard operations procedures to implement a cleaning schedule to sanitise all contact surfaces like tables and chairs, as well as food-contact surfaces. Moreover, you can maintain a routine for frequent hand washing and make it part of your renewed work culture when you reopen.
- Be a part of a cause: Consider associating with local business and cross-promote their products under your brand too. Currently, everything is so uncertain, so why not make the most out of it.
It is time we act smartly and ensure the safety of everyone. If proper precautions are taken and followed, this pandemic too shall pass. These checklist points will help you achieve a safer work environment, and also be a historic time for your business, to show people that you have taken the necessary steps and successfully overcame the situation and reopen your business again.
Guide to Restaurant Bench, Banquette & Booth Seating
The terms Bench, booth & banquette seating are used interchangeably in restaurant spaces with a particular style and seating the restaurant space focuses on. Bench and booth seating is a stylish seating solution for restaurant spaces, cafes, bars, and nightclubs. Whereas Banquettes or fixed seating creates are space-saving, cosy, intimate seating booths for guests to […]
Tips to Getting the Perfect Restaurant Dining Space
What makes a successful restaurant? Ever wondered why some restaurants have a high number of recurring guests and visitors? A restaurant that has a dining space that is functional enough for workers and attractive to the diners serves as a huge advantage when it comes to selecting a restaurant. The Dining space is the heart […]
Restaurant Furniture Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
It is not just the food and hospitality that attracts a customer to a hotel or restaurant space. Moreover, the customer is drawn more to the environment, ambience, decor and overall cleanliness and hygiene the restaurant space offers. Restaurants and hotels are spaces where visitors come to share important and lasting memories and ensuring these […]
Bars and Restaurant Furnishing Tips to Maximise Bookings this Festive Season
The busiest time of the year is here. With all the festive season cheer and joy, it is a busy time for restaurants and bars. There can be a sudden surge of bookings with respect to festive parties, family gatherings, festive dinners and so on. Not compromising the festive cheer yet following the rules of […]
5 Different Hotels to Visit if You Don’t Want to Travel Abroad
England has always been the land of interesting history, beautiful gardens, and breathtaking architecture. With its towns and urban cities that are straight from the storybooks, it is a must-visit once in a lifetime. If you are going on a staycation or just bored at home, here is our list of favourite cools, quirky and […]
Restaurants and Cafes are Open – Here are the New Corona-virus Rules for Dining Out
Like other social institutions, restaurants and cafes have been badly hit by the outbreak of coronavirus. An impact of the pandemic on restaurant and cafe establishments is the halting of dining in activities. Restaurants and cafes were either shut down or limited to offering takeaway services. However, the ban on businesses within the hospitality industry […]
5 Common Mistakes to Avoid While Buying Restaurant Furniture
Furniture is perhaps one of the most important aspects, which reflects the personality of a restaurant. It is therefore also a vital point in forming a perception in the customer’s mind. It could be just the comfort they feel, or the elegance and visual appeal, or the attractiveness of the colours used. Apart from ensuring […]
How to Choose the Best Hotel Lounge Furniture
Introduction Ever wondered what people are looking for when it comes to choosing a hotel during their leisure or business travel? People always enjoy a good place to relax and somewhere that feels like home. The market for travel, tourism and business travel is ever-expanding. Customers today pay close attention to comfort, cleanliness, price, architectural […]